If you are a student or Researcher or a scholar then you should use some tools that will help you focus on your Research papers instead of involving yourself in other complexities of formatting,referencing etc.These tools will not only save your time and cost but also will help your papers Academically perfect to meed the academic standards.
- For managing papers and references: , , ,
- For editing LaTeX documents: , , (very friendly), etc.
- For drawing vectorized figures: , Microsoft Visio (both work well with LaTeX). You can also directly use LaTeX to make figures (advanced level)
- For making graphs from data/results: gnuplot, matplot (I usually use with Python), Excel, MATLAB, etc.
- For taking notes: , Microsoft OneNote (both have app on mobile phone)
- For searching literature: , (for engineering students), or just Google.
- For downloading papers: (not recommended though): SciHub, Libgen, etc.
- For reading PDFs: is my first recommendation, you can use it for multiple purposes: organizing/reading/highlighting… papers. If you just want a fast launching tool, try using , a very light software. If you want to have more powerful tools such as commenting, adding signature then is one of the best choices.
- For merging/spliting PDFs:
- For viewing/editing or even compiling codes: , , etc.
- For collaborative documentation, research papers and source codes in addition to version control: Git and
By using above tools you can make your thesis perfect and academically correct.